Tuesday, September 25, 2007

To Be a Girl for a Day

It is turning into fall now...leaves have started changing and it is hard to tell what the weather will be. One night it is a frost advisory, then 2 days later it is 90 degrees. I am in a wedding in two weeks. This means that I have to spend an ungodly amount on my appearance. A beautiful cinnamon colored dress that, in spite of the bride's best intentions, I will, most likely, never wear again. I have purchased two pairs of new shoes to go with that dress. Two because the first pair I bought was inappropriate but I loved them and needed an excuse. The bride is an easy going young woman who said they were fine but my mom was kind enough to point out the "clunky" factor. So I was inspired to shop for the higher heeled strappy things that one would normally wear with a fancy dress. Next I was compelled to have my hair foiled to brighten it up. This is something I normally do but not necessarily this time of year. I feel that these people will have their wedding pictures several years into the future, the least I could do is have brighter, richer hair. We will also be provided a professional hair stylist on that day to arrange the appropriate hair styles. Soon it will be time for the brow wax and maybe a 'stache wax since I am there, not to mention the manicure and pedicure. Meanwhile, lacking any form of lipstick, I had to go where the girls are pretty and find some way to enhance my lips. Unfortunately collagen enhancement is out of my price range so I had to settle for the make-up counter at Herberger's. It was virtually painless. Finally I found I needed a new bra. I searched for that little something extra that my thirties stole from me, to give 'em a little push, make. The miracle bra combined with the tummy tucker ought to provide the lady-like figure I strive for. Today I go in for my final dress fitting. All of this just to be girl for a day....

1 comment:

zetta said...

You are a girl every day!
And a funny one, too!