Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The right pair of shoes

Next month I am in a wedding of a good friend of mine. This means that I have to be in a girlie dress with girlie shoes. Unfortunately I was not provided with a terribly girlie way of being. I had to hunt down a pair of shoes that looked feminine,yet, functional. The first pair I purchased were too "clunky." I love clunky and I can walk in them but unfortunately they were not girlie enough...I have a natural born klutziness combined with genetically calculated accident-prone-ness further complicated by very flat feet. After months of shoe searching I found a passable pair. They look like they have a heel but the toe is also raised so it is not severe enough to render my knees useless. Now I am practicing wearing then around the house in pajamas so I may walk confidently down the aisle. Today I am happy to report that I have worn them for a full hour and a half and have not stumbled once. Perhaps there is hope for me yet....

1 comment:

zetta said...

Oh my friend. I have two words for you--use them wisely as a beginning shoe shopper, and you'll never look back:
Clarks. Indigo.